Date(s) - 25 Mar 2014
8:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Unfortunately we are unable to proceed with this seminar at this time. If you are interested in attending a similar event in the future, we would appreciate you indicating your interest using the contact form on this page.
‘Navigating the new health claims standard’ workshop
Offered by FoodStream in conjunction with FoodLegal – see www.foodlegal.com.au
For information on these events on the FoodLegal website click here.
In January 2013, a new Health Claims Standard was introduced into the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
This workshop will cover:
- How the new Health Claims Standard will apply to your products and marketing campaigns;
- How the new Health Claims Standard will interact with other laws such as the Australian Consumer Law and the Therapeutic Goods Act;
- How to substantiate health claims that have not been FSANZ pre-approved;
- Methodological approaches for Health Claims;
- Alternative marketing methods in light of the new Health Claims Standard.
FoodLegal have developed this workshop to help participants answer a wide range of questions on this new Health Claims Standard, such as:
- Is it a nutrition claim or a general level health claim?
- Can I claim to be “gluten free” anymore?
- What can I say about fats?
- What about innovative/novel substances?
- What about sodium reduction claims?
- When can I use a health-related endorsement?
- What can be said in relation to “slimming” or “weight loss” problems?
- What if my product does not meet the profiling criterion? What opportunities are there for me?
Tuesday 25 March 2014, 8:45 am to 1:00 pm
Springwood Tower, 9 Murrajong Rd , Springwood QLD 4127.
The venue was chosen as it is convenient to the Brisbane Gateway, Pacific Motorway and Logan Motorway.
The function room has WiFi for your convenience.
Ample parking is available on-site.
The Fee for the workshop will be $400, with early bird registration $350 by cob Monday 3 March.
Also available: “Australian Consumer Law Compliance & Food Marketing Opportunities: How to Swim Betwen the Flags” workshop, and NEW “Forum on the new Supermarket Code of Conduct“. Attendance at both workshops and the forum – $750 for standard registrations, $650 for registrations by the earlybird deadline of 3 March.
Register via FoodLegal – download a registration form here.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact Form on this page (right of page) or contact Timothy Kowitz on +61 7 3137 1433.