John Hine has a PhD in microbiology and has more than 25 years of experience in economic development issues and public policy, especially relating to agriculture and the food industry. Most of his professional experience has been with the Queensland Government, in their industry development agency, but he has also more recently worked for the Blackall-Tambo Regional Council. His experience includes working on economic development strategies and liaising with industry associations and the Commonwealth on economic development. He has also had considerable experience in working with health agencies on food regulations. John has recently established a business link with an Australian with a Sudanese heritage, who can assist with information and contacts in the Sudan, a growing nation in Africa. John’s scientific background allows him to link science and technology with economic issues.
Areas of Expertise:
- International trends and issues in agriculture and the food industry
- Economic development concepts and theory
- Economic Development Strategies for regions, local governments and industry associations.
- Submissions to policy and legislative reviews by the Australian and State Governments
- Information gathering and research, using statistical data, published reports and networks
- Information analysis
- Report writing