Chris Bourne is an engineer who has worked with Foodstream since 2007 across a wide range of product development and machine design projects. As well as food industry work, Chris has worked in IT support, networking, and database systems while finishing his degree. He has been a team member on general machine design jobs ranging from snow machines to excavator attachments. Recently, he spent two years working with a major building materials company implementing major Industrial Automation, Process Optimisation and Lean Manufacturing projects.
Chris holds a Double Major Degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, UQ) specialising in Machine Design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) & Fracture Mechanics, Robotics & Control, Acoustics, Telecoms, and Digital Systems. Chris also completed a Diploma of Project Management in 2012. He has worked in Thermal Processing since 2008 and recently won an International Specialised Skills Institute fellowship allowing him to further study Thermal Processing principles & quality optimisation in the USA, Canada and the UK & France.
Areas of expertise:
- Machine Design – 3D CAD, FEA, Advanced manufacturing
- Thermal Processing of Foods – Temperature studies, Quality optimisation
- Industrial automation – mechanisation, automation, robotics and remote sensing
- Data handling – Telecommunications, data storage, database systems
- Lean Manufacturing – Process Optimisation, OEE
- Project Management